MS Office for iPad soon?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Lucille Carter, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

According to Engadget, we will be seeing MS Office for iPad very soon. It will likely be the 365 version, but that still suits me.

Would anyone else be interested?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Isn't is already available for office 365 users?

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

iPhone only so far

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I would have been more interested a long time ago. I can't figure why MS would have waited so long to release office for the iPad. They'd have sold a zillion app downloads and /or subscriptions by now. But, they lolly gagged forever and now it just seems meh.

I've enjoyed pages, numbers, and some of the other alternatives. I realize that some users need the power and formatting of "full" office but a lot of us are just fine with the other options.

5. cammyg123 macrumors regular

cammyg123

Apple's iWork applications (Pages, Keynote, Numbers, etc.) really defeat the purpose of having Microsoft Office on iPad, and to be honest iOS as a whole, because they work in amazing chemistry with the rest of the iOS feature, such as Airdrop.

And plus, since it's Apple software being made for Apple devices, it's probably going to work very smoothly.

But hopefully, Microsoft will experiment with it, at the least. Who knows, maybe it will be a smash-hit.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Not interested. I'm a big user of Office but I have paid licences rather than paying for the 365 subscription. And I tried writing on an iPad before, even with a bluetooth keyboard... in the end I gave up and returned to my desktop and laptops.

I'm sure Office for iPad may be very useful for some, especially them needing better compatibility and more power features than iWork offers. But regretfully not for me.

7. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

"Maybe it will be a smash hit". LOL.

Sorry the business world still is on MS Office and there is little doubt about it being a good seller. I love my iPad but find it to be somewhat restricted in it use but adding Office would increase it's usefulness 10 fold.

My love of Apple products does not "blind" me of it's shortcomings. Their Page and Numbers are awesome but they are still lacking some of the function ability I would like to see.

Enjoy!

----------

I hear you and agree. MS Office was designed for use in a Windows desktop environment. One of the big reasons that Windows tablet failed over and over. I am hoping the MS put some thought in it for the iPad version. I own a company with multiple desktops and laptops and each uses a licensed copy of Office. I will stick with this over the 365 versions as long as possible but this is the way all the software makers are heading. Adobe and MS are both trying to protect their sales.