MS Office for Mac Full vs Home Edition

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by McGiord, Nov 25, 2008.

1. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but my quick search on the forums didn't bring anything on it.
    What are the differences between the 2 versions and is really worth the difference?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i have the home edition, and no problems with it, i love it and i dont hink you'll need to use the microsfot server exchange thing anyways. so yea plus its cheaper if you buy the home edition

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Home and Student does not support connecting to Exchange servers, and doesn't have built-in Automator actions. It comes with three licenses, so you can install it on up to 3 Macs in your household.

Standard Edition has one license (so you can only install it on one Mac), and does support Exchange and Automator.

Special Media Edition is identical to Standard Edition, except it adds in a copy of Microsoft Expression Media.

In the US, you can currently get Special Media Edition for up to half off (although I've heard of some retailers making it available for even less), which makes it cheaper than Standard.

Regards,
    Nadyne.