MS Office for Mac Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macnator, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Macnator macrumors 6502

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right place for this but.

I have to do a powerpoint presentation for a school assignment. I only have PowerPoint on my mac at home. I don't have powerpoint on our windows machine. Now the presentation will be playing on a windows machine at my school.

Will my powerpoint presentation that I create at home (on my mac) play on the windows machine at school? Are they compatible with each other? I really hope it will work this way!

Thanks.

2. rayward macrumors 65816

Your PowerPoint presentation, created on a Mac, can be opened and played in Windows. You may want to save the file in both .ppt (full) and .pps (slideshow) formats as there may be some disconnect between the two OSs if you have used a lot of custom features such as animation. I'm not saying there will be, just saying that there might.

3. Macnator thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright thanks. Im not the best when it comes to using powerpoint. So it will be the best I can do (meaning not very fancy at all:D) So it shouldn't have many problems if it isn't very fancy. :p

4. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

When you save, there is a "Compatibility Report" button; this will help flag up any potential issues.