MS Office help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sbluetruck, Nov 5, 2007.

1. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

so i have this iBook from my uncle, and he has a genuine, registered copy of office '04. my problem is, seeing as it's registered Last Name, First Name, when i type my last name (which is, of course, the same) and press return to go to the next line, i get this stupid auto complete which puts his first name after my last name. now, i can just add a double space after my name, but i was wondering how i could access the information to make it not show up with the first name.

now, if you'll excuse me, i'm back to *ugh* updating office. i still don't understand why they just don't let you do it all at once. i mean, i'm on the 6th update here...and i think i've got about two more before it's "recent"

thanks for all your help guys!

2. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

the updates is because they just haven't packaged them yet apparently. So you do one update, and then that one has access to the next one, technically they should do a package update after a while that has them all, and just updates what you need, but that means people that only need to do a couple updates would have to get the whole package for just a couple updates, which could take a while to download.

I don't know about the auto-fill thing, I don't quite understand the problem. After autofill fills it in, just click back on the box, and delete what you don't want off the end. It should work...:apple:

3. sbluetruck thread starter macrumors regular

sbluetruck

sorry for being so vague there. you know when you're typing a word, say, November, and you get to about the e when that tan box pops up above and you can hit enter to complete the word? that's what the problem i am having is.

yeah, i finally finished the updates after about a half hour.