MS Office install altered my fonts.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BentwoodBlue, Dec 24, 2011.

1. BentwoodBlue macrumors member

So my work offered us $10 office licenses and I figured I would finally buy. Did the install today and it completely screwed up my Eurostile font. Irritates my because I can't seem to get it back.

Any ideas?

2. Sirolway macrumors 6502

Installing Office should give you a heap more fonts, but it shouldn't mess with the fonts you already have installed.

You could try running Font Book (default Mac app) to see if that helps you figure out what's going on; perhaps you just need to reinstall your font?

Most fonts are held in \Library\Fonts or \system\library\fonts

3. Frozzie macrumors regular

4. BentwoodBlue thread starter macrumors member

In hindsight, this was a bad move. :( Hopefully when my mother can send me the Eurostile font off her mac. Thank goodness she never updates.

Thanks for the help.

5. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

No one else has mentioned any fonts being disabled by Microsoft Office for Mac. The duplicate Apple fonts it disables are moved to the Fonts Disabled folder.

/Library/Fonts Disabled

Never touch fonts in the /System/Library/Fonts folder.

Is it possible you also moved to Lion when this happened? Did you look in the Fonts Disabled folder for the font?

BTW, if you are having to rely on your Mom for a copy, it's time you setup an external drive with Time Machine and a clone backup.