MS Office on Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nikachia, Nov 21, 2011.

1. nikachia macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just upgraded Snow Leopard to Lion and when I open any document (Word or Excel file) it opens all previous documents used on that day?!

Do someone knows how can I deactivate this option? I just want to start with blank page (as in Snow Leopard).

2. wgnoyes macrumors 6502

Command-W for each file to close those you don't want to see auto-opened before quitting the program.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Yep. It's just a matter of changing habits (I know that's not easy, but it's the best way to go). I had to get used to it too. You can turn on the Resume feature, but it has a lot of nice benefits, so I don't recommend it. One thing to keep in mind is that you don't even need to quit Word/Excel if you've got adequate RAM, you can just close the window and then switch to another application. The toolbars will disappear, so it won't take up display space, and then when you open another document it will be instant instead of waiting for the program to launch. Of course, if you're only running on 2GB of RAM, you won't want to do that, most likely.

jW

4. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

My MS Office 2011 constantly crashes on my MBP. It took me three attempts and a reboot to finally open a Word doc this morning.

For school work, I have moved to using Pages and exporting to Word when I need to submit an assignment.

100% of my work files are in Windows based Office file formats, so when I use my Mac to work on them, I need to deal with the constant crashing scenarios. :(

5. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

6. EdDigitalMac macrumors newbie

7. puble macrumors newbie

The same bug :mad: nothing helps...