MS office problem on Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yiddonick, Oct 25, 2012.

1. yiddonick macrumors newbie

I have recently upgraded to mountain lion on my macbook pro. The install went fine but ever since i have upgraded MS oulook does not work properly. I am able to receive emails but am unable to compose new or reply (the window does not open). I am up to date, have tried reinstalling safari and microsoft office and updated and enabled fonts (stuff suggested elsewhere). I can also not open any links in a MS word document.

After doing a bit of troubleshooting it seems the error doesnt occur after booting in safe mode. I went to User accounts under system preferences to check for login items that might be affecting but to my surprise there are none so it seems i am back to squre one. It is puzzling me why it isnt happening in safe mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

would posting a list of all background tasks running normally and then again in safe mode be of any help to see if anything is interfering or is it something else?

Will be very grateful for any help provided. I use outlook heavily for work and am lost without it.

2. yiddonick thread starter macrumors newbie

Seems that nobody anywhere has a clue how to fix this :S
    Probably just going to go back to snow leopard if i can.!

3. headviking macrumors member

I have heard that you will need office 2008 or 2011 for mac to work with mountain lion. my friend just finished replacing his hard drive and had ML installed. After installing Office 2005 for mac he was unable to run word or excel. So he got a copy of 2011 and all works well now.

4. yiddonick thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, but i am using MS office 2011. I cant seem to figure out why it works in safe mode and not normally. Frustrating to say the least!