MS Office Rant Thread + Fanboy threshold

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rcm3, Apr 7, 2009.

1. rcm3 macrumors member

Everything on my macs run GREAT..... except Office for Mac. Not only is it buggy as hell, its missing key features from the PC versions. I'm going crazy with frustration and looking for solutions.

My obvious first step: download iWork trial.

And then I realize as I look around to my iPhones, my AEBS and all my other apple products that I'm about to stick the last nail in my personal MS coffin and stick a apple flag on top of my head.

Goodbye MS and Good Riddance.

2. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

take a look at neooffice first. its an open office port specifically for mac. give it a try, it is open source after all. if after you've given it a good shot (a week or so) and your still not satisfied, then get iwork. try neo office first

3. rcm3 thread starter macrumors member

I'll give it a try.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah OpenOffice/NeoOffice is great, but to be honest I still prefer to work in iWork. The UI is just much more clean and much more of a pleasure to work with.

Really, the only thing I feel is missing from iWork '09 is a robust spreadsheet app. Oh, Numbers is pretty decent, but it has some ways to go before it could challenge Excel.

5. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

have you considered running Parallels? I did the same thing debating about QuickBooks as they dont make a quickbooks premier for macs yet.. Just installed Paralelles and after a few problems, i got it all set and ready.. Love it, and it works wonderfully on my computer.

It runs best if you have more than 2GB of ram though

6. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

yea thats true but if u can save a few bucks then y not

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I honestly haven't had any technical problems with Office 08. Huge improvement over the previous version that wasn't UB. The interface is very clunky with the stupid tabbed palette directly above the editing screen (for graphs, etc) but for the few times I am forced to use it, it's been fine.

What problems in particular are you having?