Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
USA, New York
Although, I don't really use it much, I own MS Office Suite. I mostly use word and it's slow as crap but I opened up Excel today and the damn couldn't be any slower. If it were any slower it'd be going backwards! When i go to merge cells, it takes forever.... when I go to center something, it takes forever. I just can't work like this and it's extremely unproductive. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on? I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you!!!

~e

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Which version of Office is it? Maybe open up Activity Monitor and see if either Excel, Word or an entirely different process is using up a lot of resources. Remember to make sure you're looking at All Processes. :)

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
USA, New York
Well, after I posted this question I wound up quiting Suitcase and don't you know, Excel worked just fine. So, it must have been a conflict with Suitcase. The thing is I need Suitcase, so I don't know what to do.

Anybody have an Idea?

By the way, I have the lastest verison of MS Office and I've updated everything as of today.

~e

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.