MS Office Test Drive.....renew??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BitterB, Jul 22, 2007.

1. BitterB macrumors member

My new iMac came with the MS Office 2004 test drive. It's good for 30 days. I have 6 left. Here's my question:

Once my current "test drive" expires, can't I just go back to the Microsoft site and download another test drive of the same?? Or is there some sort of cookie or something that would identify my computer as having already used a "test drive"??

I only ask because I need MS Office, and I have no desire to fork out $125 to get the current version, when the MS Office '08 for Mac is due out later this year. Has anyone else tried milking the test drive for a second or many additional rounds?? Is it as easy as I think, or are there other steps involved?

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

LOL, no it won't work if you just download another copy and install it.

It will work if you erase and reinstall OS X, however, if you're that desperate.

Or just use NeoOffice until Office 2008 comes out.

3. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

How can you stand the test drive anyway? It has the big letters TEST DRIVE all over it and you can't print etc. Only do the basics. Just get NeoOffice or OpenOffice for your office needs. Or get the actual product from Microsoft if you really have to.