MS Office Touch Bar--Mostly Useless

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dgbarar, Feb 24, 2017.

1. dgbarar macrumors regular

dgbarar

At first I was delighted to see that Microsoft Office applications now had TouchBar support. However, I am disappointed to learn that the tools they selected are mostly useless. And, there is no way moderately customize what selections are on Touch Bar. For example, if would have been terrific if the Excel touchbar gave me the opportunity to select and place absolute cell addressing on the TouchBar.

Who picked these selections at Microsoft? They did a really poor job of picking the least valuable tools.

Donald Barar

2. marka351 macrumors member

marka351

Which version of Microsoft Office now has Touch Bar support, is it Office 365 or the standalone version?

3. pkagel macrumors regular

I'd like to know also. I haven't had the chance to see if my Office 2016 is upgradeable.

4. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

5. campyguy macrumors 68040

Not using a TB rMBP but am using the TB via Duet Display, I'd tend to agree with the OP, with two caveats. First, MS just issued an update via the Fast Ring just yesterday and the TB offerings are more effective and easier to use. Second, MS does actively seek feedback about its apps - several of my requests have been implemented in the following build - I use the Windows suite far more often, however, I have noted that my wont for more features in the Mac suite are implemented within days of a request.

6. Playfoot macrumors member