MS Office/Word Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wicker, May 24, 2008.

1. Wicker macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I'm having two minor (but irritating) issues with MS Word, I was hoping someone could help. I have MS Office 2008 on my 2.4 GHz Blackbook.

When I download a .doc from the web (i.e. by choosing 'Open with ...' rather than 'Save') with Firefox two things happen.

1.) Firefox never remembers to open .doc files with MS Word... in fact, when it comes to the whole Office suite, it never remembers the application (so I have to search for Word or Excel under my applications every time to open them). Is there a way to make Firefox remember that .docs should be opened with Word? I know you can click on the 'Always do this' box, but I still want it to ask me what to do (Open or Save). Again, this is for the whole MS Office suite, but all other programs work fine. Also, this also happened in another Mac (iMac G5) with Office 2004.

2.) Whenever I choose 'Open' (again from Firefox) and manually search for MS Word, it will open a blank document only. I then have to open the document from within Word (if that makes sense)... this only happens with Word, is there a way to fix this because it is really starting to annoy me?

Thank in advance!

2. hamiltoncruz macrumors newbie

Same with me

The same bug is happening with me.. it is really annoying.

3. Davis410 macrumors newbie

it could just be an issue with firefox...i use safari and havent ever encountered this