MS Office X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ronmac, Jul 23, 2009.

1. ronmac macrumors newbie

I have Office 2004 on my IMac and when I started it up this morning and went to start Excel it would try to start then give an execution error and shut down. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing happened.

Any suggestions?:(

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Use iWork? Just kidding.
    Did you completely wipe Office and then reinstall? There might be something still corrupted you should take care of.

3. ronmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure?? I used the Remove Office Icon only. Not sure on the mac how to get to files that are left on after you remove the exe files.

4. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Finder Preferences> Advanced Tab> and check the checkbox that says 'Empty Trash Securely'. Then take your Office folder and put it in the Trash, and delete it all. Then reinstall.

5. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Microsoft packages an uninstaller with the Office suite. It should be found in the Office folder. Use this uninstaller as it is the best/only way to get out everything properly.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

For future reference, Microsoft Office v.X and Microsoft Office 2004 are separate suites. v.X was released in 2001 as the first MacOS X version of the Microsoft productivity suite. 2004 was the upgrade to v.X released in 2004. The were two obvious major differences between the two:
    • 2004 requires activation.
    • Entourage 2004 is the first version of Microsoft's MacOS X communications/collaboration app that provided Exchange server support and did not require Exchange account holders to use IMAP.