MS Outlook on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jds.marine, Sep 18, 2012.

1. jds.marine macrumors newbie

I recently purchased an iPhone 4S and have a Yahoo! account where I send/receive emails through Microsoft Outlook on my home PC. I would like to set up my phone so that I can use my Outlook email exclusively, both at home and when I travel, as it provides many more options than Yahoo mail. My Yahoo mail account synchs with my iPhone, but when I use Outlook (on my PC), I have to duplicate my efforts by deleting emails or moving them to folders, which I have already done in Yahoo. Is there a work around for this, or do I need a corporate account/an IT dept in order to set up an Outlook Web access for this to work?

2. FHayek macrumors member

I would investigate the use of a hosted exchange service. There will be more work and expense on the front end, but the seamless sync will be worth it.

My hosted exchange provider costs US$6.00 per month and offers 10GB of storage. I do have to spend a nominal amount annually to maintain my domain name, but it's well worth it for the instantaneous sync of folders, contacts, emails, appointments and notes) etc.

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

Hosted Exchange is fantastic, and if the email account involved is used for business, I'd highly recommend it. Nobody should use a free mail provider for business. If Yahoo is who you're sold on, though, you can achieve sync between PC and iPhone by setting both up using the IMAP protocol instead of POP3

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Use imap in yahoo, setup an exchange account on your pc and your iphone and you get push as well.

Google on the exact setup