MS Outlook on Mac, how to unthread incoming emails

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by playethic, Nov 19, 2013.

1. playethic macrumors member

Hi
    Not totally sure which forum this belongs in. I did a search here, and a Google search, but couldn't find joy.
    I'm using MS Outlook on a Mac. I lose unread messages when they go into threads, so I want to unthread incoming emails. I can't seem to find settings for where to change this. Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Lisa

2. stract macrumors member

It's sorting by conversation. Just change what the sorting priority is (date received, size, etc) at the top of the inbox section (right above the top email).

3. playethic thread starter macrumors member

Thank you

Always appreciate the kindness in these forums, and how no one makes me feel dumb for simple questions

----------

I spoke (wrote) too soon!
    'Conversations' is already checked as selected. There is also an option 'Show in Groups' which is selected, and I'm guessing that's key and I want it unselected, but it's greyed out and inactive. Unclicking 'Conversations' doesn't help, and neither does going into 'Custom Arrangements'.
    Clicking on 'Date Received' instead of 'Conversations' still results in 'Show in Groups' being checked as selected, and it's still greyed out inabling any change to that.
    Help?

4. stract macrumors member