MS Project equivalent?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zisa, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Zisa macrumors member

Hi

I am a mac newbie and have sold all bar one of my/my families Windows computers.

As a Project Manager, I live by MS Project. It is the standard at work.

I have successfully replaced all my Windows apps with Mac equivalents or better with the equivalent of MS Project.

Is there a professional project management application out there? Possibly sharing (via export) files with MS Project?

When I work from home, I am on my Mac, but need to have the Windows laptop on, so that I can switch/refer to MS Project.

Thanks

2. sesnir macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if there's a Mac equiv, but you could always install vmware with windows and run it that way.

Or, even easier, grab CrossOver and install MS Project. It lets you run it pretty seamlessly without needing Windows installed.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

OmniPlan. Fully native and can import/export MS Project files.

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

As a long time MS Project user, I now use Merlin as my PM tool. It's waaay better than project in my opinion. One of the things I really like is that I can use NovaMind to mindmap all the pieces and parts of a project and then export than right in to Merlin to add the dates/critical path. It has truly revolutionized our business model.

5. Big Bad D macrumors regular

Another vote here for ProjectWizards' Merlin.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Another vote for OmniPlan.