MS Word 08 - Problem in Notebook Layout View

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bgrace, Oct 1, 2008.

1. bgrace macrumors member

When I type in the Notebook Layout View, the cursor does not line up with the notebook lines and therefore the text doesn't line up on top of each notebook line. Instead, the notebook lines intersect the text... Has anyone else experienced this? What's the solution?

Thanks.

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Yes, I know the problem. It used to work perfectly in Word '06. I just disabled the lines in the inspector. They're not that important to me anyways :)

3. bgrace thread starter macrumors member

Many of my friends have MS office 08 on their Mac's and they are not experiencing this problem... Their notebook view is working just fine. :mad:

4. bgrace thread starter macrumors member

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

'

This sometimes happens if you've changed your font to something that doesn't quite match up with our lines.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. bgrace thread starter macrumors member

It's not like I'm using some kind of obscure font. I'm using Arial. I've tried it with other common fonts, and the same issue occurs. Is there a way to contact Microsoft directly for support?

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

It's not the obscurity of the font, it's the size of it -- it looks like you're using a larger-than-expected font.

If you want to contact tech support, look in your Office box for instructions, or you can start on the Office 2008 solution centre -- there's a link on the right side of the page to get the telephone number for support in your country. If you've purchased your copy of Office at retail, then you get either two or three (sorry, I honestly can't remember which it is) free calls to support.

Regards,
    Nadyne.