MS WORD 2008 - New Doc/paragraph formatting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by digitalworlds, Aug 17, 2009.

1. digitalworlds macrumors newbie

Im OK with MS Word, but how do I turn off the paragraph formatting - it seems everytime I start a new document, it constantly wants to give me 10pt space between lines -- and I'd rather just have 0 and put the paragraphs in myself.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Have you never used a word processing app before? There is two major ways in Word 2008 to accomplish your task:
    • Check the View/Formatting Palette to show the Formatting Palette. Click the triangle on the palette in front of Alignment and Spacing. In one space, you see everything you need to use to format your paragraphs.
    • Select the Format/Paragraph... menu item to reveal a larger floating dialog box.

3. digitalworlds thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - but still doesnt answer my original question.

Thanks for the information, but as (1) you seemed a little rude in your response (yes, I have used a "word processing app" I use Word all the time, just not 2008 regularly...and I dont post here very often, if at all...) and (2), this doesn't really answer my question.

After digging around - i found what I needed.

4. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I hate Word '08. I fumbled around with it, cursed, ran into deadlines, got discouraged and finally opened up some old '04 documents I'd already formatted. Cut, paste, modify, save. New template. Not brilliant but it got the job done.

Sorry can't help more. There's also the dropdown palette that has doc. formatting in it.