MS Word Element Gallery

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yooper39, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Yooper39 macrumors newbie

Every time I open a document in word, the elements gallery automatically opens. I don't use this feature. Anyone know how to turn it off? I tried finding a way in preferences but didn't see anything. Thanks :)

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

You can shrink it. First, make sure you're up-to-date with your Word updates (we're currently at 12.1.5), and then either click on the "Gallery" toolbar button or single-click on the active tab in the Elements Gallery. It will remember the state of the Elements Gallery when you open your next document.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. Fruiteatingbear macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a way to make the Element Gallery disappear completely? It hides away in Draft Layout, but is visible in Print Preview which is how I like to use Word. I don't just mean minimise the Gallery, but make it vanish altogether. For me it is in danger of becoming an object of hate, as well as a waste of screen space!

4. tkdBrian macrumors newbie

When the gallery opens, at the bottom of the window there is a box that reads something like; Do not open gallery when windows starts (also in Excel). Check this box. Should fix the problem...I think.