MS Word - Font and Size Change Automatically, How to Stop?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Forbig, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Forbig macrumors newbie

Hi.

Whenever I copy and paste something into MS Word (say, from the internet), the pasted text always appears in a ridiculous font and a large size. I always have to convert the pasted text into the font and size I'm using.

I'm wondering how I can directly paste things into word in a size 12 Times New Roman font; that is, the pasted text would conform AUTOMATICALLY to the font/size I'm using. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!
    Forbig

2. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

As far as I'm aware of, that will always happen and there isn't really much to do about it. You could always edit the font after you've pasted anyway..

3. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Howdy. In other applications CMD + SHIFT + V would paste without the format and match the surrounding format. I think in past versions of MS Word that worked, but I haven't used it for two years and no longer have Word on my computer.

Also, try Edit > Paste Special and see what options you have.

4. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

Yes, Edit -> Paste Special... -> Unformatted Text will preserve the formatting of your original Word document. Really useful to strip out indenting and tables and things from Web pieces (which otherwise can cause Word to hang and crash).

5. royabriant macrumors newbie

MS Word will not change the size of your fonts in a document unless you specifically tell it to.

If you are using version 2003 or earlier, it sounds to me like you could be using a style that has a different font size or you are copying and pasting text into your document that either has a different style or font size.

If you are using the latest version of the program, MS Word 2007, your theme could cause this behavior.

For more info you can see this site: http://www.techyv.com/questions/microsoft-word-font-automatically-changes

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

As stated above, Word isn't changing anything. When you copy and paste that includes formatting as well. If you don't want the formatting pasted then use one of the methods above to avoid pasting the formatting.