MS Word for Mac problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Russ123, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Russ123 macrumors newbie

Dear Folks: I'm new here - just trying to find out why MS Word for Mac 2011 (Version 14.2.3) does not work properly on my 27" I MAC (12.2). Basically, I have two problems:
    1. "Normal" Style defaults to double space and there seems to be no way to change it to single space, so I use the "No Spacing" Style instead. Is this normal?
    2. Word for Mac cannot print envelopes. I go to Tools > envelopes > type in the delivery & return addresses > when I press print, it defaults to a document sheet and no envelope.
    Thank goodness I have an old version of MS Word for MAC on my old MacBook Pro - it saves the day every time. Its a pain jumping back and forth between two computers to type a letter and an envelope. Any help would be greatly appreciated. MS Help is useless. Thanks.
    Russ

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

To resolve #1, try deleting your normal.dot file. This contains the default formatting for your document. If something got corrupt, deleting that file usually fixes it.

As far as #2, I'm really not certain. Try printing to a PDF to see if this is a problem with the printer driver or Word itself.