MS Word wont open...Help Please.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dallas112678, Mar 16, 2008.

1. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

My MS word 2004 wont open, the icon just bounces a couple times and then dissapears, it wont open and i have an essay due tommorrow someone please help.

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

is that what happens when you open Word from Finder (i.e., go to Finder > Applications > Microsoft Office 2004 > Word)? does it also do it for Excel and PowerPoint? can you open Excel or PowerPoint and then choose "Word Document" from the Project Gallery (the window that pops up with the different templates from which you can choose)?

if you really just need to focus on your paper and solve this problem later, try TextEdit. it's not full-featured (no footnotes, page numbers, etc.) but it'll get words on a page. you might also try Pages, if it's installed on your machine.

3. shwc macrumors regular

At this point, your best option is to download and use NeoOffice.
    Figure out msOffice when you have more time.

P.S. I am a college professor ... I feel compelled to point out that you need to start doing your homework much earlier (end of lecture).;)

4. Glenny2lappies macrumors 6502

I hate to say this... try rebooting.

I've had this happen to me. I can't remember what I did to fix it, but it wasn't particularly difficult (or I would have remembered it!). I think it was just a reboot.