MSN (Adium & MSN msngr) having problems with non-hotmail email accounts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flowagner, Mar 2, 2008.

1. flowagner macrumors member

flowagner

Hello folks!

I registered a MSN account on my .mac email adress to use MSN messenger. everything worked well till about a month ago when people started complaining to me that they can't send me messages unless I directly speak to them. Plus: I cannot send friends who have .mac email accounts registered onto their MSN account any message whatsoever. The problem occurs not only in Adium (my IM of choice) but also in the MSN messenger for mac. My old MSN account (@msn.com address) works, though.

Anybody else got that problem or knows how to fix it?

Cheers,
    Flo

2. psychaosx macrumors newbie

I have that same problem. I've been using my .mac account on MSN Messenger (well, Adium) for at least 5 years.

This problem started for me on February 21st for no apparent reason. The system essentially behaves as if I am set to appear offline, though I cannot be sent 'offline messages'. I have no idea how to fix this short of exporting my contact list and creating a hotmail account.

This is mostly unrelated, but I had another problem with the MSN network and my .mac account a couple months ago too. My entire contact list would appear to be offline, and I could not send them any messages. The problem was resolved in about a week though, so it wasn't a big deal.

3. diniscorreia macrumors member

I'm having the same issue!

@mac.com users had another issue months ago - you'd get an error after login and were forced to change your login address to something other than a @mac.com address.

How is it possible that these issues are only affecting @mac.com users?! :mad: