MSN / Adium problems.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TomsMacBook, Aug 12, 2008.

1. TomsMacBook macrumors 6502

Ah, now, I have a bit of a strange problem.

In my house, we have two routers. My dad's office wireless one, and the upstairs one. My dad's wireless one won't reach most of upstairs, so we got a second line put in, and a second wireless router. Here's the strange part.

I can connect with both Adium and MSN on the downstairs router. Thats not a problem. But, I can't connect with either on the upstairs router. But using a web-messenger will. I can't see what the problem is, and it's getting rather annoying having to use a web-based messenger.

So, has anybody else had similar experiences? Solutions?

Cheers!

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

It sounds like a weird port problem? I remember once my iChat/Adium randomly changed my port settings and so caused them to not function properly. Check your port settings on that second router. (Could someone else help as to what the settings ought to be? Sorry I'm not very skilled in this stuff.)

3. TomsMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers for the speedy reply!

Just a question or two:

1. How would I get to the port settings?
    2. What would I be looking for?

Sorry, I'm just not at all good with these types of things :eek:

4. Roobsa macrumors regular

I can't help you on how to change your settings, however try http://portforward.com/ as a point of reference. There may be some helpful suggestions and guides there.