msn always on

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tildesley, Feb 21, 2011.

1. tildesley macrumors regular

hi all

with the multi-tasking all singing and dancing iphone 4, is there any MSN/Live always on program available? cost or not cost...

ive done a quick search and couldnt find a great deal.

much :)

james

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

IM+ PRO will do this. Even if you close the app, it will send you push notifications.

3. tildesley thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is that what "with push" means? I thought that referred to the hotmail link up, I can see in the app store there are a number of programs that do that...

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

Yeah, anything with push will send you notifications whether or not the app is open in the foreground or background. Actually windows live messenger made by microsoft can send push notifications, and it's free too.

5. tildesley thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

In using messenger from Microsoft now, it boots me out every time I exit and won't run in the background for me, yeh the program is still there but it won't stay logged in

6. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Check that push notifications are enabled in the applications settings, and make sure you have push notifications enabled globally (Settings > Notifications).

Are you hacktivated, by any chance? (Activated using a SIM for a carrier that the phone is not locked to).

7. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I had the Microsoft App as well and it would constantly crash and never boot up. Switched to BeejiveIM and it's been great ever since.

8. tildesley thread starter macrumors regular

No I'm not hacktivated no, sim free ip4.

I thought that turning on the notifications had solved but alas not, really bugging me this now if everyone else can get it to work and I can't... :(

9. vistadude macrumors 65816

You have to save password for it to run in the background. I have no idea why. There a few instant messaging apps that are way better, beejive and im+ seem to be the most popular, trillian also works.