msn.com iPhone drawbacks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KD7IWP, Jun 27, 2007.

1. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

no surprise... on msn.com I see that the first picture to pop up says "iPhone Reviews Are Ringing, 11 drawbacks to iPhone." I'm sure the jealousy will be building on the Redmond campus.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it's not just msn. it was on yahoo, too. they listed 5 reasons not to get an iphone. i'm bothered by those reasons, though. grr..

3. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

I can think of 599 reasons not to buy one ...

4. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

I bet you can't name 598! :p

5. Turkish macrumors 6502

6. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Actually, since I live in Chicago, it's more like 652.91 reasons.

To quote Charles Mackay from his classic book "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds":

"In reading the history of nations, we find that, like individuals, they have their whims and their peculiarities; their seasons of excitement and recklessness, when they care not what they do. We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first."

Mackay wrote this in 1841 ... PS3, iPhone, Harry Potter ... fill in the blanks. Spending $650 and wasting a summer day waiting in line for a telephone strikes me as one of the dumbest uses of time and money yet ... but I'm sure it will be topped soon enough.

7. dannyallen34 macrumors regular

I skimmed over the "gotchas" from Yahoo and MSN and the only thing that I see which is a drawback (to me) is: non-removable battery. I can live with it though.

I can live with EDGE (college campus=lots of wifi), I can live with the price (it's kind of a "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" thing... cutting edge technology costs $), I can live with the storage (I have 10 movies encoded and ready to view on the iPhone. total space: 5.61gb)... MMS? I'll just send an email. IM? I'll just use meebo.

8. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

They should not let poor people write reviews for expensive stuff. :)

I am sure the reviewer for a web page makes a lot of money though. :)

:eek: :cool: :D

9. amonthofsundays macrumors newbie

Did anyone really expect an unbiased review from MSN or yahoo for that matter which has some of the worst journalism around? Honestly while those articles were obviously slanted the problems still remain. My take on all of this is Apple most certainly succeeded in innovating and evolving the cellphone but, they fell very short of making it perfect.

10. appledrummer macrumors member

Beat me to it!:rolleyes: