MSN for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dimitri92, Jul 30, 2008.

1. dimitri92 macrumors newbie

i have a white 16gb iphone 3G

i love it, i just have one complaint, MSN

Meebo sucks, u open another tab and it signs you out

I know i cant make an msn app because MSN will have a problem with it plus good luck making it.

Will I expect an msn app for iPhone 2.0 besides jailbreaking it and using Apollo? I hope so.

Let me know if u have any info

2. Foggy macrumors 6502a

Palringo is the only one I know of at the moment. You need to register to use it but it does work OK. Personally I want Adium to come out on the iPhone :D

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

not happening :( http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/AdiumForiPhone

mobilechat is also due to come out shortly. it will be paid for, but looks very good!

4. dimitri92 thread starter macrumors newbie

dude palringo is totally awesome thanks a bunch I thought it was a totally different app

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

can you get fring? It does MSN, skype, ICQ, yahoo etc and its pretty good.

6. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Fring seems pretty childish for my liking when I had 1.1.4 Jailbroken.

I prefer Palringo because it's abit more proffesional. However, MobileChat should be good despite a seeming bad reputation with Apple.

7. sibruk macrumors 6502a

Palringo works really well. Except for the fact that it can't carry on working in the background if you are in another app. It will apparently stay working if you go to sleep while in Palringo though. Vibrations and sounds and everything!

Allow me to save you a head scratching though...

To set up MSN, you have to sign up for a Palringo account first. Then when you have done that, go to the first tab of three along the top (the big P), tap EDIT and then tap the PLUS button. You can then choose accounts to add.

8. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

It is pretty decent, missing some basic features though hopefully these will be added in the next version! :D

9. rjohnstone macrumors 68030

rjohnstone

Another draw back to Palringo is once you sign up, be prepared for future spam.
    Read the privacy policy. They are collecting data and are not exactly clear on what they will or will not use it for.

10. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

you could use ebuddy, they have created a web app?
    www.ebuddy.com, then select msn and it will direct you to the iPhone version,

but i'm hoping to see msn soon from the app store

pce :apple:

11. wildmilne macrumors regular

webapps suck, beejive/meebo...they log you out when the phone sleeps or you switch to another app (or even add a new web page in safari), makes me and the other person im talking to insane!

12. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

MobileChat, if it actually exists, is supposedly due ANY day now! Push support will be a free upgrade later this year, so that even if you go to the home screen or other apps, mobilechat will be able to receive IMs and alert you. The app will be $3 I think.

oh yeah and web apps suck.