msn for mac help? and mail app?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by XxpikachuxX, Apr 3, 2009.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

hi there i have a problem with my msn for mac in my aluminum macbook i when i try to change my display picture and press ok nothing happens the "ok" buttin is just glowind back and forth but i click it and nothing happens how can i change my picture? i have msn 7.2

also how can i conect my hotmail wiht maill app can you giv me like and introtuction? and what to put in the settings?

thanks

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Hotmail is a terrible service, and you should consider switching to something a little more open and friendly... say, Google's Gmail?

That being said, here's how you setup Hotmail using POP. (IMAP, which is "better" than POP, isn't available as Hotmail charges users a fee to have that access -- all another reason to consider switching to Gmail, it's free.)

Step 1: go to preferences and add a new account.
    Step 2: enter your name, your hotmail email and password
    Step 3: The settings then are:
    Account Type: POP
    Description: anything you want
    Incoming Mail Server: pop3.live.com
    Username: _______@hotmail.com or _______@live.com, which ever your email is
    Password: Your own password
    Step 4: Hit next, then for description anything you want
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.live.com, check always use this server
    Check Use Authentication: enter your email and password

Step 5: And thats it your done, check take account online and hit create and you will see all your Hotmail, mail start coming in.

Enjoy

3. KillerMac macrumors newbie

KillerMac

I love hotmail or live its great service just not with mac. So here is what i recomend use "adium" for your messenger it works 100% with live or hotmail accounts I recomend it You can aslo try "amsn" but adium is the best! you dont have to switch:D

4. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

+1 on the Gmail! I use it primarily for Japanese emailing. ;) My MSN email is screwy with UniCode Japanese text. And for some reason, I can never reply to Japanese cell phone email using MSN.

I only use MSN for xbox live and business emailing in America. Gmail is all around flexible.

Oh yah, and also +1 on Audium. It's a great client for Mac, even though my smallest gripe on it is that you can only see your change in font/ color, and the recipient cannot. Other than that, it's light and easy to use.