MSN for Mac, with MSN Activities?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hellomoto4, Nov 7, 2008.

1. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

I was wondering if there is an IM application that allows MSN users to log in, and use the regular MSN activities, such as video calling, voice calling, webcam, games etc.

Thanks for your help.

2. nial.k macrumors newbie

Try Mercury Messenger. Its a Java Based Application (runs a little slow) but it comes quite close to WLM for Windows.

URL : mercury.im

hope that helps!

3. No1451 macrumors 6502

He wants webcam, and unless I am missing something, Adium doesn't support webcam. aMSN does, but its sort of....well its just not as sleek and refined as Adium, if you absolutely NEED to use webcam over MSN, aMSN is the way to go.

http://www.amsn-project.net/

4. hellomoto4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Thanks.
    aMSN has got to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I'm just going to have to stick with Adium at the moment.
    Thanks again.

5. Ramius macrumors 6502

How can these obviously good programmers behind Adium, not be able to make a webcam application?

While the crappy looking AMSN has everything, voiceclips, audio chat, webcam and nudges.

6. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

yeah AMSN is the best in terms of video chatting for MSN. I use ADIUM for my day to day chatting. I pop open iChat for AIM chatting, and use stickam.com for my other needs

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I do'nt know how people like Adium. If it allowed support for adding custom emoticons, then I'd use it, but it's lacking a lot of stuff that I'm missing as a heavy MSN user. And since I'm in Canada, it's the only damn way to communicate with others.

The same can be said for Microsoft and their decision to take their sweet time adding video chat to Windows Live: Mac

8. No1451 macrumors 6502

Heh too true, also a Canadian resident, can be annoying how EVERYONE has MSN, and those who actually use AIM are the absolute minority.

9. Ramius macrumors 6502

No not really. They made MSN for Windows, not for Mac. I think this is a concious decision to let users experience more on windows than on Mac.