MSN Hotmail Wont Load In Safari

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greenday123, Nov 10, 2007.

1. greenday123 macrumors 6502

www.hotmail.com wont load for me in safari. It keeps on changing between 3 different websites and it looks as it is going to load one of those sites, but then changes to the next one, it is an infinate loop, ive let it sit for 10 minutes before and it never loaded, it was still looping between those 3 websites...does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I do have all of the latest updates.

Thanks a bunch

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Was working for me earlier and your right it is doing a bit of a loop. I guess that's another Microsoft issue, not unlike the .Mac sign in to MSN issue a month or so ago. I'm sure it'll be worked out eventually, a few hours or so maybe.

Hope there wasn't anything you needed badly, you should be using Gmail anyway ;)

3. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

I just tried it and it went in a loop for me also, but it eventually loaded. It didn't go to hotmail, and is asking me to sign into live mail. I was dumping this account anyway. I kind of sort of remember where MS wanted everyone to change to the Windows Live stuff. I gave up on that a long time ago.

You might try this link though -> https://login.live.com

Note that it's https now...

4. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

I just tried it, and seems to be working fine here.

5. greenday123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I Tried that login.live link and it did load to where i was able to sign in, but it brought me to a page where it said i needed Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. So i guess it must be microsoft switching over to this Windows Live Mail thing, oh well. It looks like im getting a new email Thanks for the help

6. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

It has been doing it for about a month now for me.
    Its when MSN hotmail keeps you logged in. It just loads and reloads and reloads.
    The only way I could get around it is to go to MSN.com and sign out, then log bac into hotmail

7. greenday123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks marclapierre13 that worked for me! Im sure doing that will get a little annoying, but at least it works now, thanks

8. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

Ya, it does get annoying. It seems that I have to do it generally 2 times a day. Other times it works. Hopefully theyll get their s^%@ together and fix it.
    And I like safari better than firefox, but some sites just arent compatible with safari, so firefox is a good alternative for when you need it. I almost NEVER use Internet Explorer...even on my PC i dont use it lol.

9. G4DP macrumors 65816

10. farqueue macrumors 6502

farqueue

11. mcdbirdman macrumors newbie

Reset

Clear your cache and cookies then go back to hotmail. Do not check "save password" ever and it will always work.

12. portuglish08 macrumors member

I was having this problem also, I'm glad I ran across this post. it seems logging out and then back in works.

13. rrijkers macrumors 6502

rrijkers

not err use gmail not err use firefox. This just has to work and bothers me too. I have to use firefox for my hotmail only, omg... I switched to fulltime Safari in Leo for the first time and i want to stay there...

14. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

It's weird that you folks are having this problem. I am able to sign into hotmail, through www.hotmail.com just fine in Safari. That being said, I use Firefox most of the time.

15. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

And that being said, I don't have a problem with it not loading. It's really the last thing I want to see on my Mac, and I probably haven't touched hotmail for about six months now! Too MSofty for my tastes. It's gmail for me. :D :apple:

16. Zegna macrumors member

I second this suggestion.

The problematic Hotmail login happens to me every now and again in Safari, but once I cleared all the Live cookies, the login process seems to be working fine.

Probably it is time to transfer everything to my Gmail account.