MSN instant msg spam links

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by girl6melb, Mar 18, 2009.

1. girl6melb macrumors newbie

Hi..
    My MSN and Mercury accounts are sending links to my friends WHILE I'm chatting to them..in the actual chat window, not via email.
    I'll be typing away then the next thing...a link pops up on their chat screen they have up with me and theyre asking me WTF is this???
    I havent clicked on any of the links but they says stupid stuff like " Do you need to lose 30lbs? Click here to find out how! " ...among other crap. Its getting really embarrassing and I dont know how to get rid of it.
    I have had this issue with Windows on a PC before but I thought Macs were immune to viruses or whatever this is.
    I've changed my passwords etc and I havent given my password out to any weird websites so I dont think its related to anything like that.
    Anyone have any ideas on how I might get rid of it?
    Thanks in advance :confused:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Change your password again. Someone has managed to gain access to your account.

3. girl6melb thread starter macrumors newbie

:(

changing my password again didnt help :(
    Any other ideas?

4. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Exactly, and do it on the mac. And BTW, stop using PCs to log in to your hotmail/MSN account, the ones you're using are infected (school?, maybe a cybercafe)

5. girl6melb thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah I changed it while I was on the Mac. So are you saying its not a virus on my Mac but something to do with MSN/Hotmail?
    I've deleted and reinstalled both Mercury and MSN, changed the passwords several times..still no joy