msn mac messenger not connecting??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Qwest905, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Qwest905 macrumors 6502

Qwest905

anyone having problems connecting for them?

i'm able to sign on through mercury messenger easily..and even from the website meebo.com

but msn mac messenger is not able to

2. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

3. unforgiven25 macrumors newbie

Shameless bump.

Is any other Mac user in the world having trouble connecting to the MSN network?

I'm having this same problem and some others (like contacts going offline, messages not being delivered, etc), using aMSN, Adium, and/or MSN Messenger for Mac, and I've tested with another account, and the same happens.

4. Snowbaby213 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue! Though, i think its either my school's internet or its Mac, because after two weeks. I can't just NOT get messenger anymore! Btw, its been happening all day, am I right? lol.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Anybody consider the possibility that messenger servers are down ? Or that better info on Microsoft Messenger might be available at their website?

6. Snowbaby213 macrumors newbie

I've always heard that Microsoft never updates their websites on the status of messenger. Though, I can tell you. I can go onto my iphone and get on msn quickly through Ebuddy, but no Mac users are on though. The Microsoft ones are! Maybe it is just Mac users in general that are having this complication!