MSN Mac - Problem

Traxxas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
Hey there, this recently came up and i have no idea where / how i got it nor how to get rid of it.

My msn screen name changes every single time i log onto msn, I have tested on a my laptop and my desktop (both mac, different versions of msn though laptop is 7.0 desktop is 6.0) and i i have relogged on both and the name always comes up as the same upon every log in

BAHEHELKJD-ur not aloud to know

At first i thought it was someone messing with me, but its not (changed my pw and stuff) and it happens immediately, as if it is part of the login/logout script.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I scanned the whole comp with McAFee virus scanner and couldn't find anything. Deleted and reinstalled MSN (from a different download too) changed pw, secret question etc etc.

MSN is not online and sending out trojans or whatever when i am not there or anything pointing towards that. Is there some sort of setting or? i have looked through preferences and everything but am coming up blank on this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx!

~Trax

lapino1983

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2009
Hi, i have exactly the same problem as you, i tried Adium and MSN (updated) and my screen name still disapear on every log on...

So now i dont know, its pissing my off... i hope some1 can help

Comment

Traxxas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2009
I downloaded Adium, my screen name doesnt change on it however on my friends msn lists my screen name is still Bahee... etc. Must be some wierd trojan.. i wonder where i got it.

Comment

N-Y

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
same issue here, maybe they are doing some sort of upgrade for the release of msn messenger 8 for mac, but whatever it is, its annoying, each time i log in i see my email address

Comment