MSN Messanger keeps crashing after Safari 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stuff99, Jun 18, 2007.

1. stuff99 macrumors 6502

My Msn Messanger keeps crashing after I installed Safari. It crashes specifically after I close a conversation window.

Anyone else have this problem?

The question is how do I unstall the stupid beta and install safari 2 since its not available anywhere online anymore?

Thanks!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Many people have had this problem, and it is a great reason to switch to the fantastic Adium.

The .dmg file that you installed Safari 3 with comes with an uninstaller, but Adium is the better client anyway :)

3. 66217 Guest

When you downloaded Safari, it came with an uninstall package. Use it and Safari 2 would be installed again.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

The image file should have an uninstaller, I'd recommend checking for that.

Edit: beaten to it! And yes, good suggestion, Adium is far superior in every way. :cool:

5. 66217 Guest

Adium is a Godsend, but the only thing they are missing is video support. Hopefully they'll add it in the next update.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Apparently its in the works. For now I use Mercury, as I find it more comfortable than aMSN. Transmission just got selective downloads and prioritising, so my apps are becoming more complete by the day :)

7. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

Agreed, although Adium is sometimes a little finicky about connecting to MSN for me.

8. saracen67 macrumors newbie

Yep I also got this problem, I have rolled back Safari 3 Beta from my imac as it was causing issues with standard accounts not being able to open Safari and also msn crashing when chat windows were closed.:confused:

9. inico macrumors newbie

i have to say its very annoying :mad: i installed safari because i never use it anyway and i still have the problem. should i reinstall mac:msn?

10. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

FYI, it's not even close to being implemented and no one is interested in working on it. Use Mercury if you need webcam support.