Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
pauloribeiro13@ said:
hi, can i see my friends webcam on the msn messenger?

Nope, Microsoft Messenger (it's not MSN anymore) for Mac doesn't support webcams. It's fine for text chatting but is lacking many of the features of Messenger for Windows - MS have promised an update soon but we are unsure as to what it will entail. Most likely just stuff to make it run better on Intel Macs but Ros Ho of the MacBU was pretty upbeat about it so who knows?

pauloribeiro13@

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Chundles said:
Nope, Microsoft Messenger (it's not MSN anymore) for Mac doesn't support webcams. It's fine for text chatting but is lacking many of the features of Messenger for Windows - MS have promised an update soon but we are unsure as to what it will entail. Most likely just stuff to make it run better on Intel Macs but Ros Ho of the MacBU was pretty upbeat about it so who knows?

All off my friends they using windows, i'm the only one who using mac, what can i do so i can see them?

pauloribeiro13@

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
CANEHDN said:
You need to convert them to Macs. Why should you have to work around them? They need to upgrade their systems to OS X. Just kidding.

thats is what i'm trying to do!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I use Mercury. It's actually not bad. aMSN is another option. Neither have the quality level that iChatAV does, but then you're on the MSN network, with all of its limitations. But I've used Mercury.

Forum search this topic for more discussion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.