Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tehuti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
I use amsn, but when i try to check email through this, the hotmail page loads in the FIREFOX browser, but it says "The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please retype the e-mail address and password, or sign up if you haven't already done so"

If i just type enter in the email and password, i get in okay, however i cannot get to my email directly from msn..

Solution anyone?

luztra

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
I don't know the solution for this: my fathers Windows Vista PC does the exact same thing with Firefox.

Tehuti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Yes, it was working good all the time, and then one day, it just started to act the fool.

Slovak

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
I use amsn, but when i try to check email through this, the hotmail page loads in the FIREFOX browser, but it says "The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please retype the e-mail address and password, or sign up if you haven't already done so"

It is possible you entered a password in FF, had it remember it for the site, then changed the password? This way, FF is still trying to get in with your old password. I'd go into Tools | Options | Security | Saved Passwords... and look up the domain. Delete the associated username and password, then refresh the page, put in your correct info, and if FF prompts you, choose to save the password.

Peter...

Tehuti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
I had not changed my password when i started to experience the problem. Annoying nagging problem. thanks for the tip though.

Leeny182

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
Woodbridge, CA
I am glad I am not the only one who is having these issues. It has been happening to me for a little over a week now. I haven't changed my password for several months and never had an issue before having it save my password. Every time I click on the mail icon it prompts me to type in my password because it says my password was incorrect. Yet when I have msn.com open and I click on the "hotmail" link it goes straight to my inbox. I even deleted and re downloaded messenger and that didn't solve the problem.

Also I've had this issues before and more often recently when I finally do get signed in the page does not load. The address bar goes crazy and changes constantly and then I get an error. I have found that deleting my cookies solves that problem but this happens to me AT LEAST once a day and its super annoying. PLEASE SOMEONE FIND A SOLUTION!

kasey01

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2007
Same problem here for around a week

I'm having the same problem in both safari and firefox on both my macs.

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
wow. same here.
i have to end up going to home.live.com, signing in from there. then going to hotmail then it works.
its so odd.

Tehuti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Solution

I am not giving up, but i am actively looking for a solution. Others can do the same.

eldraw

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
Same problem

Hi Guys and I thought I had caused all sorts of **** to myself have searched high and low to find a sollution, but no luck....Will keep going and you will be the first to know if I get anywhere

good luck

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
Me too. Using safari on mac and the official msn client all was well until about a week ago. Now i get same situation as you guys find yourself in.

eldraw

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
Changeing on it's own

Has anyone found that their settings for cookies is changeing from allow cookies to never all on it's own?

sookainian

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
I'm also having this same problem. I Reset Safari and reinstall my MSN messenger. Doesn't help... :mad:

This problem only happen recently... few weeks i am able to click on the "Mail" tab in the MSN messenger and it'll auto open Safari and login to hotmail.

But now, when i click on "Mail" tab in MSN messenger, it will still auto open Safari. BUT it wont auto login. Instead it'll say "The e-mail address or password is incorrect. Please retype the e-mail address and password, or sign up if you haven't already done so. Need help signing in?"

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,703
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 2,722

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
ok. found the problem. kinda.

ive noticed something. when using any other browser, it works fine.
so, by changing the user agent in safari to firefox for windows, it works perfectly.
apparently safari isnt handling something right. the old hotmail page comes up when you go to hotmail.com . but in firefox, the windows live hotmail page shows up.

oh, and to change user agents, go to safari>prefrences>advanced>show develop menu. and from the develop menu, change your user agent.

a bit of a hassle, but it works.

EDIT: you could also use the http mail plugin for Mail. it works like a charm.

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
for me, i use firefox for mac as my user agent.
really, they sort of trick the website into thinking that the browser being used is (insert user agent here). so if i went to facebook.com for example in safari regularly with no user agent set, i would get the regular facebook home page, but if i use the mobile safari user agent, i will get the facebook page designed for safari on the iphone/ipod touch

i hope that clarifies :]

Babooshka

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
I have the same problem, I'm using the Minefield build of Firefox, but after I sign in, I get a page telling me to upgrade my Browser to IE, Safari or Firefox.

eldraw

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
tried

I have tried as suggested and no difference what so ever, but I am willing to try anything, I had to reset safari over a dozen times yesterday as it seems to be affecting nearly everything with a password, the only way round it is to constantly clean the cookies.......

what else can we do, going to see my sister today for her birthda and her boyfrien works on the mac genius bar and I will see if I can get an answer, will update later...

sookainian

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2008
Singapore
I have tried as suggested and no difference what so ever, but I am willing to try anything, I had to reset safari over a dozen times yesterday as it seems to be affecting nearly everything with a password, the only way round it is to constantly clean the cookies.......

what else can we do, going to see my sister today for her birthda and her boyfrien works on the mac genius bar and I will see if I can get an answer, will update later...

I've tried cleaning my cookies and resetting my safari. But it doesn't makes and different... Hmmm

Tehuti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
WEll done

Creative solution APOTHIX

I downloaded REDIRECTOR, and set it up and it works.

Excellent.

eldraw

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2008
use safari

Will this fix work on safari, as it is the only browser I use. Call me boaring but it works for me.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.