MSN Messenger Corporate Account won't connect.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coqui52, May 20, 2009.

1. coqui52 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I installed the new version of msn messenger for Mac 7.0.3

They finally made the video call option available in this version but only in the corporate account. Here is my problem, I can connect normally to msn but only in my personal account not the corporate.

Once I try to connect to the corporate account, it acts like if it was not connected to the internet at all (even thou it is) and prompts me this message:
    Sign in to Microsoft Messenger failed because the service is not available or you may not be connected to the Internet.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced people!

2. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

MS Messenger for Mac v7's corporate IM only works with Communications Server 2007. Your company is probably using an older version of the server software. There is no "fix" as this was done by design by MS.

You have to choose which is more important: the new features in Messenger and not connect to your corporate account, or roll back to Messenger 6x until your company upgrades its server.

3. coqui52 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Your probably right, it may not have a fix right now because MS sucks! However, I am not connected to a server sooo I may have to do the rollback version.

Thanks for your info man.