MSN Messenger for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by c073186, Dec 19, 2007.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I have used MSN Messenger for both Mac and Windows and the Windows version has a feature so that if people message you when you are offline, those messages will be delivered once you go online. With the Mac version, it seems that you never receive those messages. Is there any way to enable that feature on the Mac version or does it just not exist?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The mac version is missing a lot of features that the windows version has, I am not sure about any that have that particular feature, but try looking at some of the other clients that support MSN to see if any of them do.

3. poohat1000 macrumors 6502

poohat1000

4. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

@poohat1000 -- Adium (its msn messenger part) doesn't receive offline messages.

5. hk8899 macrumors newbie

I use MSN for Mac. It isn't as advanced as the windows version so there are lots of features that would be missing. You will find a big difference between :apple: MSN and Microsoft MSN.

6. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

aMSN is what you're looking for. It will display offline messages and it's the closest thing to Windows live messsenger for the Mac that I know of.

the only thing that bugs me is that the scrolling of the contact list is a big laggy. but the other features makes up for it imo.