MSN Messenger Log On Problem on new MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SD-B, Oct 17, 2009.

1. SD-B macrumors 6502

SD-B

Hi
    New Macbook Pro owner
    Been using PCs for years

Along with this I have a 10 year old MSN Messenger account
    I see Mac for Messenger automatically came with the Mac or Leopard.

In any event I have, over the past 3 days, tried signing into to my MSN Messenger numerous times and each time am told my password or user name is incorrect althogh I have double checked and triple checked many times.
    So it wont let me on BUT I can sign into Windows Live using the same password.ID info.

I have taken down my firewall, put it back up, thinking maybe that was the problem to no avail.

I have even changed my password twice waiting up to 24 hours to try again and just now for the 5th day in a row it tells me it is wrong when it ISNT

Can someone advise me as to the next step for I really do need to get online with it now after being off for several days with this.

I just checked yet again and see now that I still cannot log on but can on the web in Windows Live alhtough I sign out of that so it wont interfere.

I AM STUMPED and no longer know what to do next short of just getting a whole new identity but I have used this for 10 years with no problem up until now so a name/password change but I would rather not have to get a new one but just want to be able to log on to Mac Messenger ASAP.

tia

2. psxguru macrumors 6502a

3. SD-B thread starter macrumors 6502

SD-B

thank youi, i think that is what i am going to just do......./goes to download it now

in fact, i am going to have to start another thread and get some advice on all sorts of programs i need that i have used on PCs but am now looking for the equivalent on MACs....that I suppose would have been one of them :)