MSN Messenger on Mac. ISight?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by J0R7, Sep 22, 2008.

1. J0R7 macrumors newbie

I just got a macbook and was excited to go on webcam to chat with all my friends (old notebook = dead webcam) but as soon as I got on MAC Msn messenger there was no option to go on isight.

Is there any version of Mac MSN messenger (live) that does support the isight? Even when I click ICHAT nothing happens.

Help?

Thanks.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Messenger:mac doesn't support the iSight camera or any form of video chat for that matter.

Applications like aMSN and Mercury should support video chat but often not video and audio at the same time.

Skype is fully compatible with the iSight and microphone.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

4. Hamsterz macrumors member

Skype is your best bet. Heh, MSN is Microsoft Messenger, so, they probably aren't thinking about us.. they probably are, but saying 'Heh, lets make them switch to windows for one little thing'. For me, at least, this makes me hate Microsoft more, it really started with IE, Im a webmaster, and I need to test things..

5. iMav macrumors 6502

iMav

yep, you definitely want to check out Skype. Mature clients for OS X, Windows, and Linux make it the most cross-platform-friendly video chat platform available.

6. titoolsen macrumors newbie

Yahoo Messenger

i can't easily figue out how to start a new thread and this post does depart from the thread a bit. I have just bought a MacBook Air and trying to love it! Yahoo struggles to work with my Isight inbuilt webcam. It works for about 2 mins then crashes without giving any notice. I can then see my friends but they cannot see me. Is there an answer to this> Yes I know skype is heaps better but for those in cyber cafes without skype that is no help!

Any new ways of dealing with this?

I use mercury for MSN chats but the cam facility is fairly poor!