Msn Messenger Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NiGoosHii, Aug 23, 2010.

1. NiGoosHii macrumors newbie

Hello

My messenger (8.0 beta) dosen't display custom emoticons, also i can't see the display pictures of other people .. Any help plz ?

Emoticons are enabled in Preferences

2. circularforward macrumors 6502

The public beta is very buggy with many features still not working. The display pictures of other people does not work. I don't know about the custom emoticons as I didn't have a chance to try them, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't work. I stopped using the beta as it would crash all the time and reverted to running the windows version in a vm. Hopefully, they'll have it all worked out for the October release of Office 2011.

3. JaSuS macrumors regular

JaSuS

You're not alone my friend...click the link below and check the "known issues"

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/messenger-8/default.mspx

I know microsoft could of done better...could be a strategy to see how many reports they would get which in turn would let them know if final version is necessary....:cool:

4. JaSuS macrumors regular

JaSuS

.....very true the ***** crash like crazy:eek:

5. NiGoosHii thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I'm very disappointed with Microsoft with regards to Mac Messenger. I really do like Windows Live Messenger on Windows. However, I find the quality of current stable release of Messenger for Mac incredibly poor in terms of features and stability, incomparison to the Windows version.

7. carlclarke macrumors newbie

MSN Messenger

I reverted back to the 7.0.2 version because more features seemed to work in it. Bit shameful really.

8. mtec macrumors newbie

i cant use the internal mic on my macbook pro in messenger 8. any help plz. i have video and i can hear sound from my friends but they cant hear me. i checked my sound prefs - internal mic so thats ok