MSN Messenger refusing to work

lieb39

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hello everyone,

This is a good one; I have the latest version of MSN on my Powerbook G4. Running tiger, everything updated. When i try to sign in, it attempts and than just goes back to the sign in page. I know it gets in because I get kicked out on other computers.

The catch? I've removed it, COMPLETELY (All files associated to it, everything) and it still fails to work. Other sign-ins work fine, but this one does not.

Its fine on a windows machine. Why isn't it working on my mac?!

Thanks,

lieb39

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Why do you use MSN messenger anyway??
Download aMSN or Adium and see if they work. I personally find them much better as does pretty much everyone on this site.
I conjunction with mad jew's post, chek out http://www.ebuddy.com as it is a good, reliable web browser chat site thing.

lieb39

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Well I know that it isn't the firewall because I can log with another MSN Passport account, but my hotmail is refusing to log on.

I like the orginal MSN for Mac because it *should* just work..

Cheers

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Ok I might be experiencing similar problems. I cannot log in with MSN or aMSN however I can log into my hotmail (email) account. And it was working about 3 hours ago, my sister can still log in....?!:confused:

eBuddy gives me an authentication error...

Windows Live Messenger tells me the service is unavailable, however I can sign in other hotmail accounts.

Anyone have any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.