MSN messenger won't sign me in

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by saltfrog, Oct 24, 2008.

1. saltfrog macrumors newbie

Hey
    It's really weird, I can log onto hotmail.com and access my e-mail,, but for some reason i can't access msn. When I try to sign in to msn i get an error message:

http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/attach/png.gif

I have the latest version of msn, and just a week ago it worked perfectly fine. Any advice of how i can fix this problem??

I appreciate any help!

Attached Files:

2. saltfrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,, i'll try it out, but is there a way to fix msn??

3. saltfrog thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I've been having issues with it for the last day or two. That's with Adium, not their official client.

Reckon their servers are having issues. It's not uncommon, happens every couple of months for maybe a day or two, or at worst a week. Just ride it out, and if you manage to sign in, don't sign out. :p

5. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Yes I've been experiencing issues for the last few days also.

6. takemore macrumors member

Sometimes instant messengers servers go down. I remember there were outages on Skype servers some time ago.
    Since both Adium and MSN messenger can't login the issue either with servers or with your account. If servers are at fault things should get resolved by themselves given some time.

7. mispolyc macrumors newbie

MSN sign in problems

Can you browse the web normally? What type of connection do you have? Have you got a firewall? I found that LAN connections don't work with instant messaging, and firewalls can block instant messengers. Check your firewall settings, if you have one.