MSN Messenger

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
JonMaker said:
It may be because we have better software to use the MSN.

Adium (www.adiumx.com), for example.
Ha, better is an opinion. Personally MSN Messenger for Windows has webcam, Pictures, games, etc. Sure iChat has the webcam but 99% of people will not switch to AIM because you told them to.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
7on said:
Ha, better is an opinion. Personally MSN Messenger for Windows has webcam, Pictures, games, etc. Sure iChat has the webcam but 99% of people will not switch to AIM because you told them to.
Agreed. The thing that is most important for us is that MSN is used by 90% of the people. And since they don't use AIM, you must use what they do.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
I recon microsoft dont know what they are doing as well on macs, they dont know how to add video chat capabilities. also, it makes possible switchers reconsider as macs appear to do less, and be less widely supported by software. So, good for microsoft, bad for apple :(

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I actually prefer the text/filetransfer-only capabilities of Adium, since it does what a chat program supposed to do: CHAT. not everything else in the entire world, but actual chatting :p

And if your friend won't even take 5 minutes to install the latest AIM/iChat for audio/video then he's too lazy for his own good :p

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
7on said:
Yeah, I really hope someone in the multi-network client Apple development gig can match Trillian in trying to do audio/video for all the networks out of one client.

(Although, speaking of which, has anyone actually tried it in depth, and does it work?)

Either that, or Jabber gateways have to support audio and video. :D

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
the adium crew are planning to do it but since they follow closely the gaim team, once gaim has video down it shouldn't be long before adium follows.