Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I cant believe that M$ has left a really useful feature out of the MSN Messenger software for the Mac!!! The File transfer facility!!! Whats going on? When will it be added???

Cheers

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Hmmm. I might have to give aol a look. However, I know lots of people that use MSN for their sins. Come on M$ sort this out!!

benmac

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2001
Brussels (Belgium)
Yeah... I'd like to have that feature too. Actualy, the Mac OS X version really sucks, it always quits unexpectedly and sometimes, when I log in, all the contacts appear as "???".
Strange...
Anyway, lets hope M$ updates it soon...

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I use just one program for all my different chat engines... Called Fire... It is a free download, and I found it at version tracker. It supports all the different services like AIM, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo... I found that the current version doesn't crash on me, even though I might get dropped by some of the services. You can also import your buddy list into it. I don't have an MSN account, since you have to sign up for a hotmail email account and that passport thing. The program works very well with OSX, probably because it was created there, not a OS 9 application that has been ported over.

Since I am in OS X 99% of the time, I try to use native applications as much as humanly possible.

For that reason, I picked up the upgrades for both Illustrator (10) and Bryce (5) yesterday, since they are OS X native now. I look forward to playing with both :D.

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
MSN messenger.

I've been using MSN messenger because most of my friends are on there. But it sucks. I've had tons of problems. It often will kick me off or not update online contacts after being idle for a while.

Its a crappy application with a bunch of crappy servers to connect to.

Crappy.

Matthew

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Originally posted by krossfyter
"sins" ...what do you mean?

The only thing I meant was that I am not too impressed with m$!! Ok, they brought office to OSX reasonably quickly but its full of bugs. I keep getting errors in Entourage, MSN does not have the facilities it should + all office programs take stupid amounts of time to properly quit!! Dont get me wrong, when they sort the problems out I will be very happy to use M$ software, but at the moment I am not happy.

Its not my computer because I have a 1GhzDP with 1Gig of RAM!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.