MSN typing problem ..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by meaniebee, Mar 14, 2009.

1. meaniebee macrumors newbie

can you guys tell me how to fix it .
    when I use msn , once i finish typing and hit enter, i can't type in again like i used to .. i need to click on that msn chat bored then type...

and since when the short cut key for spot is Ctrl+space.. not apple+space? it is all default

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It shouldn't. There has to be a setting or your pressing something that makes it like that - not really a MacBook Pro problem, it's a software problem.

Spotlight keyboard shortcut can be changed. By default, it's command/apple + space. If you don't like that then it' one of the function keys which I doubt you want to use because they're already assigned to other functions.

3. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Do you have Safari 4 installed? Because it is a well known issue with Safari 4 that the MSN box causes problems.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Safari 4 problem, un-installing it is the only solution if you want to continue using Messenger Mac.

5. meaniebee thread starter macrumors newbie

6. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Yeah, this is a really annoying bug. Hoping for an update shortly!

7. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

In addition to the MSN messenger, your hotmail account will not work as well!

These things are what I dislike about Safari 4 so far :D

I sent them to the Safari group but I guess they are depending on MS :p

8. wesrk macrumors 6502a

I kinda gave up on Microsoft's messenger, because sometimes my messages are not being sent, or I don't get messages coming in, so I'm using Adium now, which lacks some things but at least I get all my messages

9. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

I tend to believe that it's Microsoft that is not using open standards, and maybe if enought people quit using MSN messenger and Hotmail (which they ruined IMHO) MS might actually fix them.

10. Catcufflings macrumors newbie

hotmail is now working with safari 4. well at least it is on mine. Still having trouble with msn booting me out of the typing box every time i press enter tho.:eek:

11. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath