MSN update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by QJS, Oct 12, 2007.

1. QJS macrumors newbie

i tried signing in to MSN today, and it said that there is a newer version, so i had to click on ''yes'' to update it, so it did...then tried signing in, it asked me again, and again, this is maybe my 7th time updating it, and it still asks me to. so wht to do??

2. bsolomonny macrumors regular

I updated with no problems. Not sure what the update did seems the same to me. But i have not played with it yet.

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

download it directly from their website and re-install. do post if its a new version!

EDIT:
    is it just a minor update, or a major?

4. QJS thread starter macrumors newbie

i clicked '' whats new '' for this update, it took me to the website..and this is what they have

Call their phones. Call their PCs.
    Call your friends' mobiles or landline phones. It's great value within the UK or internationally. And calling someone's PC is always free.*
    See them on the screen
    Show and tell: get a webcam and start a video conversation within minutes.
    Change the way you share
    Set up a Sharing Folder with a friend. Drop in photos and other stuff, as much as your computer can handle. See your shared files even when one of you is offline.
    A network of millions
    Tap into the world's largest IM network, with hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
    New: talk to your Yahoo! friends, too
    With Windows Live Messenger, you can now connect with your Yahoo! Messenger with Voice contacts. Forget needing multiple accounts to talk to your friends. Do it all from Windows Live Messenger. The world's largest IM network has just gotten bigger - and better

5. QJS thread starter macrumors newbie

so im downloading it from the website directly now, ill see what happens

6. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

are we talking about the mac or windows version, becuase that an awful lot like the windows features list.
    and you can already talk to Yahoo! contacts in messenger for mac.

7. QJS thread starter macrumors newbie

im talking MAC here, and this is confusing me too....cuz it took me directly here http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

8. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

9. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

they didn't even make the what's new go to the right webpage! thats pretty shoddy coding. Makes it seem like they copy and paste, but then we'd have some more of the windows features, so that cant be happening. i cant see any different after updating.

10. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I think it was more of a bug fix than anything else. I wouldn't expect any new functionality until at least version 7. If it ever does get there...

11. QJS thread starter macrumors newbie