Msn will never work good on msn???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XheartcoreboyX, Jul 9, 2007.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

TITLE EDIT : Msn will never work good on MAC??

so i heared LOTS of people talking about msn not supporting webcam and lots of signin problems....it will for sure be a problem for me as i use msn very very much......so anyway i have couple questions..

1-Does it have messages history?
    2-can you save and use others smilies(the same way you do on windows)?
    3-can you change the nick name? O_O
    4-can you send files or use sharing folder feature?
    5-can you sign in as invisible?

thanks alot!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yes.

I'm not sure about this.

Yes.

Yes.

You can on Adium.

3. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

Yes to all of them. You can only send files normally though, the sharing folder feature isn't in the messenger:mac.

Messenger:mac has all the basic functions of Windows Live, but a lot of the extra features found in it's Windows counterpart are missing from the Mac version such as sharing folders, webcam, handwriting font, etc.

4. CaptainCanuck macrumors member

If you want some of the extra features in Windows Live Messenger, you could look at aMSN orMercury.

Both have the webcam feature, although I don't think either has full audio/webcam capabilities yet.

Personally, I use aMSN since it isn't Java based like Mercury.

MS is supposed to line up Messenger's features in the next release due out later this year when Office for Mac 2008 is released.

5. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Adium can do all of them except sending custom emoticons. You can see them, just not send.

6. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

well i do LOVE (cutom 'emoticons') and realy want to use them....any of you guys know if they will work on amsn or Mercury??:confused:

custon emoticons:is a smiley( not included in original msn emoticons list )you can use them after 'grabing' them from other msn buddies..
    [​IMG]

7. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

with the the latest msn for mac..u can use custom emoticons. u can see them sent from other ppl and then u can add them and use them.

about time micros**t released a good msn client though.

8. Fungie macrumors newbie

U do exactly the same thing on mac for adding/grabbing emoticons; some emoticons u can't really see some u can --> no idea why?!?! Currently I can't find anywhere with emoticons for MSN so all Im doing is wishing myself luck that somebody will!