MSNBC article on the future of iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by camarobh, Feb 10, 2009.

1. camarobh macrumors 6502

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I stop reading about apple articles the second the source is an analysts.

Its been proven a hundred times that when it comes to apple, analysts dont know ****.

I'm not saying it wont happen, but if it does, the analyst won with sheer dumb luck.

4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Apple has already state officially they are not going into that market. It's not what Apple does and they have no interest.

Even with the economy crap Apple is seeing record sales. They aren't going to change there business model based on grim outlooks for the economy.

People will always spend money on useless shiny items. Myself included :)

5. kicko macrumors 65816

I know apples not in to doing anything cheap bUT this rumor always seems to come up. I think there could be truth in the matter because when the 3G was introduced it has a lower price to gain more sales. I imaging the 3G cannot get produced for less for this would be the only easy option to create a even lower iphone. I think i have heard the iphone in europe is like $1000.

6. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

An iphone with less features is no longer an iphone.

7. PennCentralFan macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

I think it makes sense for apple to introduce a $99 iphone. I mean they have the ipod shuffle at like $49 and the ipod nano. I bought the ipod classic 80G because I wanted the greater storage space and I bought the 8G iphone because I don't intend to use it as a music or media player. I think more options makes more sense for apple.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You know what makes way way way more sense than this?

If Apple dropped the price of the iPod Touch a little more and started advertising its ability to make calls over wi-fi using a Skype account.

Heck, they could even create their own service that works like Skype and build it into MobileMe. Anyway, the point is that they'd sell a ton more iPods...who cares if they sell more iPhones? If they're selling more iPods instead, then Apple doesn't care.

I'm not saying that will happen, but I find it more likely than an iPhone that doesn't have 3G! Yeah, that will make a great ad: The all new iPhone - Slower than before! :rolleyes: It doesn't matter that the 3G version still exists, that's a very bad ad to be putting on TV for Apple. And why make something that you can't advertise?