Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
maybe trying to work a way to get top dollar for an app
just guessing because there's no app as of this time.
not saying they are greedy just wondering why no app
okay, greed, lol

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Seriously that's been bugging me for some time, too. Every other major US news network has an app. I've sent them messages about this before and it can only help to have others voice their feedback too:
http://www.msnbc.com/contact

In the interim, CBSN has been providing some decent, no-frills coverage of live events, but I'd still like to see MSNBC on the Apple TV. I'm honestly not surprised that it's taken them so long, though - their iOS app has been horribly buggy for years.

Snoopy4

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2014
maybe trying to work a way to get top dollar for an app
just guessing because there's no app as of this time.
not saying they are greedy just wondering why no app
okay, greed, lol

Sans some sort of revenue stream issue like with Vudu or Amazon, app development by the networks is generally driven by... demand...

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Sans some sort of revenue stream issue like with Vudu or Amazon, app development by the networks is generally driven by... demand...

Of course, I can only speak for myself, but there is high demand for this app here in my household. :rolleyes: Especially as we get closer to the election here in the US, I can't imagine there wouldn't at least be decent demand for it. The other major news networks seemed to think so at least.

macdragonfl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
how is CNNgo useless?

CNNgo has problems with auth from providers to play live streams. Its been reported here in these forums and others. Check the low rating in the app store and comments. Basically you will login and activate, it works fine for a day or two. Then it will not play. Log out log back in fixes again for a few days same issue. Issue reported to CNN. They have been aware for a while. Its the same on both ATV3 and 4. It goes back to before ATV4 came out. Works fine on iPhone and iPad. Not sure if it depends on provider. Hopefully on new tv os it's fixed with one login feature. May not be on ATV3.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.